NOTE: This position requires candidates to complete our online application, which can be found at: YAPCaseManagerApplicationSummary:
We seek a Case Manager passionate about achieving positive participant outcomes through high-quality service and engagement. Case Managers are responsible for achieving programmatic performance measurements as outlined by YAP’s program model and fund-mandated requirements through the provision of career counseling, employment-related training, and opportunities for paid work experience with local employers.
A Case Manager will implement a trusting and collaborative process with each participant with a specific focus on employment-related outcomes. Top candidates will recognize and identify each client’s risk and protective factors, respect each individual's diverse cultures and values and establish professional roles and boundaries while working with families.
- Coordinate and implement various recruitment activities to reach eligible youth ages 16-24 that meet the current year's enrollment targets and establish a wait list to fill slot openings immediately.
- Coordinate pre-enrollment assessments, collect and review appropriate documentation to verify program eligibility, and facilitate or otherwise support participant orientation sessions upon enrollment.
- Initiate an Individual Service Strategy that leads to desired outcomes and removes barriers for each participant; provide goal-oriented guidance and practical strategies toward realizing goals; track all participant activities and goal attainments quarterly throughout the program and follow-up years.
- Cultivate relationships and maintain consistent communication with partners and community resources to enable appropriate placements and linkages; assess and link participants to relevant departments and/or agencies for job readiness, training, support services, specialized services, and/or behavioral health services.
- Maintain communication with youth and work experience sites to encourage active participation, monitor performance, and address challenges.
- Prepare, coordinate, and/or facilitate training sessions to address topics appropriate for participant success based on assessment results and participant interest.
- Determine eligibility and request supportive services such as transportation, child care, and ancillaries to support participants in employment service activities.
- Maintain communication with participants post-program exit for at least one year to document sustained outcomes.
- Outreach to re-engage participants who fail to attend appointments and assigned activities.
- Maintain physical and digital files in compliance with all grant requirements for each participant; track and regularly report on participant progress and engagement in assigned employment services activities.
- Complete all necessary case management documentation and forms, maintain records and files, and schedule appointments.
- Pursue continued professional development and remain abreast of advancements in the field.
- Attend all funder-required meetings/training and complete additional program support duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in social services, social work, sociology, or a related field is strongly preferred but not required. Candidates able to demonstrate a combination of education and a minimum of 2 years of related experience are encouraged to apply.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in Case Management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, Google Suites, and other cloud-based technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, demonstrating solid in-person and virtual customer service.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills with strong attention to detail and record-keeping.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment while exercising sound judgment, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Must have access to reliable transportation, a valid driver's license, and automobile insurance.
- Must be able to lead program activities while ensuring participant safety; activity may include prolonged sitting, standing, walking, and outdoor exposure.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Experience with WIOA is a plus.